Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another Letdown

I'm really worried about this team. I have reached the point that the losses are starting to hurt less. When I truly believe the Cowboys are going to win, it breaks my heart to see them lose. As usual with the Cowboys, this loss came in a heartbreaking fashion but I am almost numb to the loss. The close fourth quarter losses have happened so much in the last two seasons that this is almost the expected outcome in a tight game down the stretch.

Bill Parcells always said that you are what your record says you are. 2-2 tells me that the Cowboys are a mediocre team. And that is exactly what they feel like right now. The offense continues to kills themselves with badly timed penalties, the defense folds in the big moments, and the special teams doesn't make game changing plays.

I'm not saying this is a terrible team. We've seen over the last few years that teams can get off to a slow start and get hot down the stretch. The Cowboys do have the talent to follow that plan, but, so far, we haven't seen the signs that a hot streak is coming soon. Romo hasn't found his grove yet, and the defense is still a work in progress.

Maybe 5 games from now we'll look back on this game as the turning point in the season...I hope we are looking at a turning point in the winning direction. The season could go either way right now. The Cowboys are missing that certain something that winning teams always possess. I'm not sure what exactly is missing but you can feel that they don't have "it" right now. Back when the Cowboys went 13-3 in 2007 I always knew they would make a play to win. Now I hope they will but I expect the worst.

All is not lost. But things have got to improve. Is it the coaching? Has Tony Romo lost his edge? I don't know what it is but right now it feels like 2008 all over again.

11 comments:

  1. i think the biggest area that needs improvement right now is our secondary. they(the defense) played ok for the first 58 minutes of the game. for some reason, when it came down to the 2 minute warning, the defense seemed to check out mentally. missing tackles, not covering well etc. tackling in general seems to be a huge problem right now. i think this whole next week needs to focus on tackling drills. fundamental tackling. hit and wrap up. and for crying out loud, when something is working(such as the running game) STICK WITH IT! witten is going to have to be utelized more in the passing game as well. especially around the goal line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one of the worst offensive games i've ever seen. I think this game showed all of our faults. Pass protection, tackling, route running, quarterback play, lack of speed on offense, and finally lack of finishing. But you're right, all is not lost. If they win their next three games (chiefs, falcons, seahawks,)...then they still have a shot. If not, it's over. 2 games left with the Eagles, @ Giants, Chargers, Saints and Packers...just too many good teams. This one hurt, bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan and I'm proud to say it... My whole family has been split down the line between Cowboys & Giants. Coincidentally, both my mom & dad are Comboys fans. Even if I had no connection to the Giants with my family, or if I wasn't from Dallas, I used to attend their games and next weekend I’m going to visit my friend to attend them. I’ve before compared tickets prices before from Ticketsreview for free here.I can’t wait to be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I will say that the Giants were lucky and the Broncos were lucky too. The two TD passes went str8 through our defender hands. The 1st through Spencer's hands and the 2nd through Newman's hands. The D did enough to win I think. Romo at this point needs to do more. Felix Jones wasn't there and we see there was no burst from anyone else. Did we miss TO this game???? Is Denver's D really this game??? IT was a road game. The teams we have loss to are 8-0. Things to keep in mind....And yes we are mediocre right now...I think we are ok but I am very very concerned about Romo. I'm getting bad vibes from him. He looks and feels like his confidence is at a all time low. -Atl_Cowboy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cowboys continue to be incosistent, espeically by Tony Romo and Wade Phillips. The talent alone on the team is enough to win a lot of games, but I dont think they will based on the up and down style they are exhibiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I blame not passing more to witten. He only got 1 pass the first half. Just pointing out the obvious :). I think he was too busy blocking.

    My family is deserting the cowboys for Texans.

    I stay true though. Everything kind of just..fell apart. All at once. When they are hot though they are the best team in the league and have more star players than anyone else. and i'm not just talking about the one on their helm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last drive at the 3 yard line, I know i would've had Witten and BIG AND TALL Bennett out there...i didnt see him but we could've used some size and strength WAAYYY more than having Miles Austin and Hurds speed for receivers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would have thought on that last goal-line stand that we would have thrown to witten as well. he's got the best hands on the team. he wasn't used hardly at all in the game. he had what, 4 catches?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Romo looks more like Danny White every day except Danny was a much better punter and he won a few playoff games. It's over we stink

    ReplyDelete
  10. if you look at the stats, our defense is where the most work is needed. we are tied for 4th place in the league in offense total yards. yet our defense rank is 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not so sure I am ready to put this all on Romo..yes he is struggling and needs to get his confidence back but he also isn't getting any help!! When does Garrett start to take some of the blame?? When Garrett first came on Romo was on fire so what happened?? Maybe Garrett isn't the offensive genious he was touted to be.I will stay true to the Boys forever and I hope things turn around but right now its not looking so good. Go Cowboys!!

    ReplyDelete