Monday, May 4, 2009

Disaster At Rookie Camp

Discussing a real life disaster isn't something I ever thought I would be doing on my Dallas Cowboys blog. I only have a few things to say on this topic. My thoughts are with the players, coaches, scouts, media members, other personel who were in the Cowboys practice bubble when it collapsed. It is horrible to think how quickly things can go from just another day at the office to complete disaster. I know Rich Behm sustained permanent paralysis from the waist down as a result of his injuries and he is only 33 years old. I can't even begin to fathom how quickly things went from a day in his dream job to suddenly being permanently paralyzed. I am thankful that no one was killed and I hope everyone can find their way through this both physically and mentally. The bravery and heroism displayed by countless people involved won't be forgotten.

1 comment: